Sunday, September 09, 2007

Oceanographic Musem

That is way way too presumptuous a title for the little acquarium built, most bizarely into the stone kashbah around the old port.
In between the blocks of stone and low arched doorways of the old fortification that even I had to bend in two to pass through some entrepreneur has set a bunch of fish tanks. There's nothing at all impressive -- gold fish mostly. There was one bizarre fountain made of thousands of shells embedded in cement. But for an admission of about 40 cents who could complain? And if I had little kids I'd bring them there every week judging by the delirious little boys skipping over the cobblestones and racing around the tanks and fountain.
There was one solitary sea turtle in the biggest tank. Oh dear, I'm seeing trapped things everywhere.
I took a picture of it for my sister Jo-Ann who loves all things turtle, but my mistake first shot intrigued me more -- like the poor thing grew legs and could jump out of its watery cage.


No comments:

Blog Archive