Friday, October 05, 2007

Ramadan -- again

I'm sorry. I keep thinking I'm done with this topic and then I found out new stuff. In all the years of doing it, Muslims have figured out all these rules and stipulations. I picture learned religious elders pondering these dilemmas of theology.

For example, if you are traveling you don't have to fast -- but if you travel in order not to fast -- that is very bad.

You cannot have sex during the day through Ramadan -- and masturbation counts.

And this -- if you get your period even in the last few minutes of daylight during Ramadan, that nullifies your entire day of fasting and you have to make it up later.

Explain that to me please?! You have no control over this timing and what does it have to do with fasting or spiritual renewal

No comments:

Blog Archive