Monday, June 23, 2008

The place I'd come back to

This is the old pool at Bagno Vignoni between Pienza and Montalcino and people don't bathe in these thermal waters any longer. But flowers grow in profusion all around it and it's so gorgeous I thought about defiantly jumping in despite the rules.

Close to here is a modern new pool with hotel and bars conveniently nearby and the idea is that you soak in the wonderful hot water and gaze while floating at the endless Tuscan greenery.

My chaperoning duties got to me here. This is like Budapest, not a place to be paling with the girls or watching over a young couple. I may have to work on returning here under the right circumstances -- or at least telling my sister Lisa through whom we less adventuresome sisters live vicariously -- about this place.

No comments:

Blog Archive