Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Bercherovka

A lovely Czech aperitif that the Posners turned me on to (because really exposure to another form of alcohol was something I really needed) is Becherovka. It smells herbal and is kind of bitter-sweet and you ca drink it over ice (with lime wedges) or diluted with tonic water (which is called Beton). 

I brought some home and have since discovered that you can blend Becherovka with lime, amaretto, cherry juice, sugar and ice. 

I am hoping that Hawley and Lisa, the bartenders in my life are reading this. I also bought a selection of absinthe which mostly I like having because I imagine Hemingway and Picasso or Havel and Kafka drinking it.

On the non-alcoholic front, a busy Starbucks now sits at Malostranske Namesti -- Bohemianism has taken a blow in Prague.

No comments:

Blog Archive