Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Stained Glass of St. Vitus Cathedral

Czech glass is as beautiful as Morano, I think. If I could have carried it without breaking it I would have bought skads. Instead I visited St. Vitus Cathedral's famous stained glass windows. Each is different in design and feel. Some are stained glass commercials, which viewers of The Wire Season 2 may understand. An insurance company, for example, paid for a spectacular pane that features all the things in life that can go wrong -- and for which presumable you might need its services. Mucha did a window here as well turning his Art Nouveau babes into something like angels.

I didn't shoot photos in the Cathedral, telling myself I would actually LOOK at the windows and remember them better. This doesn't work. Pictures help me re-see things. So, like me, go to www.flickr.com and look up this slideshow (all credit for great shots to ahisgett, the shooter). Or head for Prague. It's worth the trip.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hisgett/sets/72157605424129960/show/with/2547683933/

No comments:

Blog Archive