Wednesday, July 09, 2008

We are safe from all vampires

Drew has discovered some new species of garlic.

The cloves are wrapped in a plastic bag and put away in the bottom of the frig and still the ENTIRE APARTMENT is enveloped in an almost-visible cloud of stink.

My mother who hates garlic would die if she walked in. I worry that the scent must cling to my clothes and hair as did the cigarette smoke in that horrible bingo parlor in Virginia Beach where we were forced to volunteer to raise money for Cisco's swim team years ago.

I realized today as people on the street were visibly shrinking from me that I am apparently trying to compensate for the hideous order by overdoing perfume. Drew is eating garlic -- in an apparent effort to equalize garlic pressure inside and out.

No comments:

Blog Archive